It’s time again for another This ‘n That column… . * How odd, huh? Almost all of the leaves that we’re on the trees around my house are gone now so you could say the leaves have left.
*A Successful man is someone who could brag about his accomplishments but prefers not to.
*Arachibutyrophobia – just in case you didn’t know it – is the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
* Pun of the day: Two wrongs don’t make a right but two Wrights made an airplane.
*Fractured weather forecast: Today could bring up to 16 inches of new snow followed by lots of little kids on sleds.”
* I wonder about things… Whatever happened to hula hoops? And why do light bulbs in your house always seem burn out at night?
* How come Chicago’s National Football League team is called the Bears? There aren’t any Bears in Chicago.
* There are juvenile delinquents. Why aren’t there adult delinquents?
* Who invented concrete?
* Why don’t you hear anybody telling “knock-knock” jokes any more?
* Do any little girls still play jump rope?
* How come very few people are named after months? Females lead the way with May, June and April but there are even fewer guys named after months except those christened August. As for being named after days of the week the females lead hands-down with Tuesday.
And, finally, here’s the quiz question of the day:
* What’s the difference between an orange? (See answer below).
Answer: The same thing as a grapefruit only without feathers.
Reach Bob firstname.lastname@example.org