CLAYTON — In observance of National Fire Prevention Month the Clayton Fire Department will host an Open House on Thursday, October 29 from 4 to 7 p.m. at Fire Station 85 at the corner of Taywood and Old Salem roads.
‘Hear the Beep where you Sleep’ is the National Fire Protection Association’s theme this year. Fire Prevention focuses on ways for you to keep you and your family safe with smoke detector education. By following simple safety rules you can ‘Stay Fire Safe and Smart.’
Each October the City of Clayton firefighters take the opportunity to provide a fun and entertaining environment for children and adults to learn about fire safety.
Come to the Open House and interact with:
• The fire engine and medic on display
• Huber Heights Breast Cancer Awareness Engine
• Batteries Plus will be passing out free 9 volt batteries for smoke detectors
• Clayton’s Pink Golf Cart to support the Pink Ribbon Girls
• Miami Valley Hospital’s CareFlight Medic
• Station Tours
• Fire extinguisher training
• Bucket rides in Ladder 85 (minimum height requirement of 46 inches)
• Snacks and drinks
• Learn about fire safety
• Take your photo as a Firefighter
• Become a Firefighter and spray water from a fire hose
Practice fire safety this month and come meet the firefighters in your community at Station 85, 6996 Taywood Road.
Reach Ron Nunnari at 684-9124, via email Rnunnari@civitasmedia.com or on Twitter @Englewood_Ind