ENGLEWOOD — VAP Packaging Management located at 44 Lau Parkway, Englewood, opened its doors to host an Open House in support of Manufacturing Day on October 2 for high school students from Trotwood High School.
The day included engaging hands on activities centered on sharing the importance of how math and science are used in the packaging industry, and a tour of the 85,000 square foot facility. Students also learned what job opportunities are available at VAP and what it takes to be an “Official Team VAP Member.”
State Representative Mike Henne attended as VAP’s guest for the event. Henne represents the 40th House District which includes cities of Clayton, Englewood, Union, Huber Heights, parts of Riverside and Dayton: as well as Clay and Butler Township. He is currently serving his third term.
Manufacturing Day is a nationwide career-readiness event. Manufacturers across the Dayton Region, and throughout the entire country, hold open houses designed to showcase the wide range of high-skill, high-pay career opportunities available in contemporary manufacturing facilities and to highlight manufacturing’s vital role in regional and national economies.
MFG Day is co-produced by the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association International, the National Association of Manufacturers, the Manufacturing Extension Partnership and others, and organized locally by the Dayton Region Manufacturers Association. To learn more, visit www.DaytonRMA.org or call (937) 949-4000.
Here’s what educators gain by participating:
• Help your students connect their classroom experience with their future careers
• Put teaching and learning in context
• Learn about employer expectations and the types of careers available in manufacturing
Here’s what students gain by participating …
• MFG DAY provides a great opportunity for students to imagine themselves in exciting, high-tech manufacturing careers.
• Experience first-hand how science, technology, math, engineering, and critical thinking skills are used in real-world problem solving
• See what manufacturing looks like today and what kinds of careers are available
• Connect with manufacturing employers who work in their community
• Learn about job-readiness and employer expectations
VAP Packaging Management is the leading provider of the lowest “Total Cost” packaging material management. VAP excels in delivering significant near-and long-term savings through partnerships focused on leading lean process design, sourcing, delivery and care. VAP offers their Packaging Management Services to Company’s in the Tri-State Region. Any questions please contact Mari Wenrick at 937-832-9595. To learn more about Team VAP, visit the website at vapmanaged.com.