Fall Bazaar slated at Happy Corner
CLAYTON — Saturday, Nov. 9, Happy Corner Church of the Brethren will be holding its annual Fall Bazaar. The church is located on the corner of Union and Old Salem roads in Clayton. The Bazaar will be held from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and will feature cabbage rolls, a White Elephant Sale, bake goods, Cookie Room and vendors.
Bible study to be held at Mill Ridge Village
UNION — A Northmont area Bible study will be held at 10 a.m. every first and third Wednesday of the month at the Mill Ridge Village center on Rinehart Road in Union. The next Bible study is Nov. 6. The topic is, “Do you really want to know Jesus.”
Englewood leaf pickup program under way
ENGLEWOOD — The Englewood Service Department’s annual leaf program is currently under way and will continue through Wednesday, Nov. 27. Pickup days will vary however; it is the city’s goal to pick up leaves throughout the whole city at least once a week. The following is a guide to leaf pickup:
• Rake your leaves into the street, approximately 6-inch away from the gutter, to allow rain water to go into the catch basins.
• Leaf pickup creates a fine dust in the air, so plan to wash cars or hang laundry outside after pickup in your area.
• Leaves will not be picked up from under, between or around parked cars.
• Do not put grass clippings, tree branches or brush with your leaves. They clog the vacuum units and will not be picked up.
• Do not try to rake as trucks are going by.
• Bagged leaves will be collected during normal trash pickup.
Christian counseling offered at Union Baptist Church
ENGLEWOOD — Union Baptist Church, 528 N. Main St., Englewood, has announced that it has started and is offering Christian counseling on Thursdays from 1 to 5 p.m. by appointment. Pastor Bruce Winner, in addition to be a board-certified family physician (and thus trained in psychology) is also a trained Nouthetic Christian counselor. Each one of us has our own specific groups of trials and struggles. We often wonder if there can possibly be an answer to our specific questions especially with what we see in our current world. There are specific answers to each one of our daily struggles. It is to be found in a gift given to us by God, Himself: His Word. Pastor Winner is here ready and willing to help all that are in need. Why not give him a call today? His phone number is (937) 751-3326.