NHS Golf Teams looking for Golfers
CLAYTON — The Northmont Girls and Boys golf teams are looking for interested NHS students to play on the 2017-18 golf teams.
A junior membership is required to participate as well as a current physical. Northmont’s home course is Meadowbrook at Clayton. Each team has a Varsity and Junior Varsity team. Practices are under way at Meadowbrook. Students of Northmont High School who are entering grade 8-12 are eligible.
Interested girls call Coach Bibler (937) 581-2436. Interested boys call Coach Hannahan at (937) 545-4427 for more information.
Northmont Football Camp set for July
CLAYTON — Northmont High School Football Coach Tony Broering and his staff will be holding their annual Pee Wee Camp and High School Camp this July at the high school stadium.
The Thunderbolt football camp provides instruction at all offensive and defensive positions. The Northmont High School football staff will be hands on teaching the basic fundamentals and emphasizing individual techniques in order for all campers to improve their overall football skills.
Wee Bolt Camp (Grades 2nd thru 6th): July 17-19 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Junior High / High School Camp: July 24-27 from 6 to 8 p.m.
What To Wear / Bring: Athletic Shorts & T-Shirt, Football Cleats & Gym Shoes.
Registration forms can be downloaded from northmontathletics.com
Braxton Miller Youth Football Camp is July 8
HUBER HEIGHTS — Learn practical football skills from Ohio State legend and current Houston Texans wide receiver Braxton Miller at the Braxton Miller Youth Football Camp at Wayne High School’s Heidkamp Stadium.
• Open to ages 6-13 and 13-17 years old
• Date and time: July 8 from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• Where: Wayne High School
The Braxton Miller Youth Football Camp will provide young athletes with:
• Coaching: Tips from expert coaching staff made up of NFL and college football stars
• Knowledge: An improved football IQ enhanced through practical skills training
• Competition: Competitive drills and 7v7 competition designed to challenge each camper in attendance
• 8 – 9:15 a.m. – Check-In
• 9:30 – 9:45 – a.m. Introduction
• 10 – 10:45 a.m. – Dynamic Stretch and Warm-Up
• 10:50 – 11:20 a.m. – Acceleration Period – Footwork/Speed Training Circuit
• 11:30 – 11:50 a.m. – Position Specific Training – Individual Position Groups
• Noon – 12:45 p.m. – Competition – 7v7/Strongman/Fastest Man
• 12:50 – 1:45 p.m. – Lunch – Pictures/Interactive
• 1:50 – 2:20 p.m. – Dynamic Stretch and Warm-Up
• 2:30 – 3 p.m. – Position Specific Training – Individual Position Groups
• 3:05 – 4:15 p.m. – Competition – 7v7/Agility
• 4:15 – 4:30 p.m. – Closing
Register for the camp by visiting BMILLER92.COM
Football officiating class scheduled
HUBER HEIGHTS — Are you interested in officiating football? The Ohio High School Athletic Association needs football officials. The cost of the class is $105 plus the cost of a uniform. After completing the course, officials will be a Class 2 official eligible to officiate youth, junior high, freshman, and junior varsity games. The class is held at Scott Industrial Systems in Huber Heights and begins on July 25. For more information, contact Greg Strickland at (937) 620-6431 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU