ENGLEWOOD — The Miami Valley Career Technology Center (MVCTC) FFA Chapter recently announced their officers for the 2017-2018 school year.
The 2017-2018 MVCTC FFA Chapter Officers are:
• President – Marlee Kern (Veterinary Science) Eaton
• Vice-president – Elaine Prater (Veterinary Science) Northmont
• Secretary – Christina Smith (Agriculture & Livestock Production) Ansonia
• Treasurer – McKenzie McCray (Veterinary Science) Eaton
• Reporter – Allison Moyer (Veterinary Science) Valley View
• Sentinel – Chelsea Forester (Veterinary Science) West Carrollton
• Student advisor – Charisse Hoblet (Animal Care &Management) National Trail
The MVCTC FFA has a very busy year planned for 2017-2018 with students participating in the Montgomery County Soils Judging Career Development Event (CDE), Equine and Livestock Judging Career Development Events, the annual MVCTC FFA Campout at the Pond in August, field trip to the Farm Science Review, and the Greenhand Conference in September.
According to the National FFA website, “The National FFA Organization is dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.”
For over 45-years, MVCTC has been providing career technical education for 27 partner school districts encompassing five counties in Southwest Ohio. MVCTC is dedicated to providing in-demand workforce training for youth, adults, and organizations in the Miami Valley.
For more information about MVCTC, visit www.mvctc.com or follow MVCTC on Facebook (Facebook.com/MVCTC) or Twitter (Twitter.com/MVCTC).
Reach the Miami Valley Career Technology Center at (937) 837-7781.