DAYTON — A Christmas Bazaar, benefitting the lifesaving work of Suicide Prevention Center, Inc., will be held on Saturday, Nov. 26 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at the Precious Blood Activity Center, 4870 Denlinger Rd.
Crafters and direct sales vendors are welcome. Call (937) 226-0818 for a booth or additional information.
Suicide Prevention Center provides the following help in the area of suicide prevention:
• 24-hour crisis hotline – manned by trained volunteers.
• 24-hour pet loss support line – for those grieving the loss of their pet or the impending loss of a pet.
• Three local support groups:
1. Survivors of Suicide – for those grieving a suicide death.
2. Other Passages – for those who are depressed or suicidal.
3. Other Passages for adolescents – for those ages 13-17 who are depressed or suicidal.
• Suicide Prevention Education Program – This program is for all schools, both public and private, and for students in grades K through 12.
• Speakers Bureau – For groups and organizations desiring to learn more about suicide and its prevention.
• International Clearinghouse – Resource materials and information on all aspects of suicide and its prevention are available.
• Training – Available for police/fire/EMS, medical personnel, school personnel, business personnel, religious and all faith-based personnel, prison personnel, hostage negotiators and others.